1. Alan D. Amis, Ravi Prakash, Thai H.P. Vuong, and Dung T. Huynh.Max-Min D-Cluster Formation in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. In Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM 2000, pages 32±41, 2000.
2. .D.J. Baker, A. Ephremides, and J.A. Flynn. The Design and Simulation of a Mobile Radio Network with Distributed Control. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication, 2(1):226±237, January 1984.
3. Suman Banerjee and Samir Khuller. A Clustering Scheme for Hierarchical Control in
Wire- less Networks. In Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM 2001, April 2001.
4. Stefano Basagni. Distributed Clustering for Ad Hoc Networks. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms, and Networks (I- SPAN), pages 310±315, June 1999.
5. A. Ephremides, J.E. Wieselthier, and D.J. Baker.A Design Concept for Reliable Mobile
Radio Networks with Frequency Hopping Signaling.Proceedings of IEEE, 75(1):56±73,
6. Deborah Estrin, Ramesh Govindan, John Heidemann, and Satish Kumar. Next Century Challenges: Scalable Coordination in Sensor Networks.In Proceedings of the Fifth Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking
(MobiCom’99), pages 263±270, August 1999.
7. David A. Fisher and Howard F. Lipson. Emergent Algorithms: A New Method for Enhancing Survivability in Unbounded Systems. In Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference On System Sciences, January 1999.
8. M. Gerla, T.J. Kwon, and G. Pei. On Demand Routing in Large Ad Hoc Wireless Networks with Passive Clustering. In Proceedings of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2000), September 2000.
9. Mhatre, V.; Rosenberg, C. Design guidelines for wireless sensor networks: Communication, clustering and aggregation. Ad Hoc Networks, 2004, 2 (1), 45-63.
10. W. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan.Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Networks.In Proceedings of the 33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS ’00), January 2000.
11. T. C. Henderson, M. Dekhil, S. Morris, Y. Chen, and W. B. Thompson. Smart Sensor
Snow. In Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Intelligent Robots and Intelligent Systems
(IROS), October 1998.
12. X. Hong, M. Gerla, Y. Yi, K. Xu, and T. Kwon: Scalable Ad Hoc Routing in Large, Dense Wireless Networks Using Clustering and Landmarks. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2002), April 2002.
13. Lujun Jia, Rajmohan Rajaraman, and Torsten Suel.An Efficient Distributed Algorithm for
Constructing Small Dominating Sets.In Proceedings of the 20th Annual ACM Symposium
on Principles of Distributed Computing, pages 33±42, 2001.
14. P. Krishna, N. H. Vaidya, M. Chatterjee, and D. Pradhan: A cluster-based approach for routing in dynamic networks. ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, April
15. Rajesh Krishnan, Ram Ramanathan, and Martha Steenstrup.Optimization Algorithms for
Large Self-Structuring Networks. In IEEE INFOCOM ’99, 1999.
16. Fabian Kuhn and Roger Wattenhofer.Constant-Time Distributed Dominating Set Approx- imation.In Proceedings of the 22nd Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing, pages 25±32, 2003.
17. Chunhung Richard Lin and Mario Gerla. Adaptive Clustering for Mobile Wireless
Networks. IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications, 15(7):1265±1275, 1997.
18. Radhika Nagpal and Daniel Coore.An Algorithm for Group Formation in an Amorphous Computer. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems (PDCS’98), October 1998.
19. Sze-Yao Ni, Yu-Chee Tseng, Yuh-Shyan Chen, and Jang-Ping Sheu.The Broadcast Storm Problem in a Mobile Ad Hoc Network. In Proceeding of the Annual ACM/IEEE Interna- tional Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom ’99), pages
151±162, August 1999.
20. Elena Pagani and Gian Paolo Rossi. Reliable broadcast in mobile multihop packet networks. In Proceedings of the Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom ’97), pages 34±42, 1997.
21. R. Ramanathan and M. Steenstrup.Hierarchically-Organized, Multihop Mobile Wireless Networks for Quality-of-Service Support. ACM/Baltzer Mobile Networks and Applications, 3(1):101±119, June 1998.
22. P. F. Tsuchiya. The landmark hierarchy: a new hierarchy for routing in very large networks. In Symposium Proceedings on Communications Architectures and Protocols
(SIGCOMM ’88), pages 35±42, 1988.
23. P. F. Tsuchiya. The landmark hierarchy: a new hierarchy for routing in very large networks.
24. In Symposium Proceedings on Communications Architectures and Protocols (SIGCOMM
’88), pages 35±42, 1988.
25. Kaixin Xu and Mario Gerla.A Heterogeneous Routing Protocol Based on a New Stable
Clustering Scheme. In IEEE MILCOM 2002, October 2002.
26. Ya Xu, Solomon Bien, Yutaka Mori, John Heidemann, and Deborah Estrin. Topology
Con- trol Protocols to Conserve Energy in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. Technical Report
6, Uni- versity of California, Los Angeles, Center for Embedded Networked Computing, January 2003.
27. H. Zhang and A. Arora. GS3: Scalable Self-configuration and Self-healing in Wireless
Net- works.In 21st ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC