The general features of a standard function generator are:
1. It can generate a wide range of frequencies ranging from 0.01 Hz to 100 kHz.
2. It can be used to produce different waveforms like sine wave, square wave, triangular wave, saw tooth wave, etc.
3. It offers great accuracy, about +/- 0.01% in the low frequency range.
4. The distortion produced in the output signal is less than 1% for sine wave.
5. It can be phase locked to an external signal source or another function generator.
6. It can be phase locked to a standard frequency, so that all the output waveforms of the generator will have the same accuracy and stability as that of the standard source.
7. It gives the availability of a continuous adjustable D.C. offset voltage between -5V to +5V.